ImpaKt Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Gordon: I took drugs or alcohol before games

Répondre au sujet    ImpaKt Index du Forum » ImpaKt » Blablatage Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
Gordon: I took drugs or alcohol before games
Auteur Message
linlybest

Message Gordon: I took drugs or alcohol before games Répondre en citant
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that Eldora recycled chairs from an old lift. The lift was recycled; the chairs were sold.

Next season's hordes of skiers and snow boarders at Eldora Mountain Resort will spend less time sitting on lifts and more time on the slopes, courtesy of a new, high speed chair lift currently under construction. The $5 million project will be completed in November and will bring Boulder County's hometown resort into the 21st century, said Eldora general manager Brent Tregaskis.

"We were one of a few resorts (in the country) that didn't have a high cheap jets for sale speed, detachable lift," Tregaskis said. "It's what we thought we needed to do to stay relevant and competitive."

The new lift, named Eldo Express, will accommodate up to six passengers per chair, replacing the two  and three seater fixed Cannonball and Challenge chairlifts. The ride to the top, covering 3,289 feet and rising more than giant store 1,000 vertical feet, will take a mere 4.5 minutes less than half the average run time of 11 minutes for the old Choosing New York Giants Jerseys in China Wholesale Shop lifts.

That's excellent news for locals like Jim Conaghan, who has been skiing Eldora since '92. The vice president of Quinlan Construction usually puts in 20 days a season at the resort, which is 45 minutes "from his front door to the lift."The new lift "is really going to change the way I ski the mountain," Conaghan said. "There are some nice runs I enjoy skiing but I don't want to sit in the lines, so I'll end up dropping over to Indian Peaks. This is going to make it much more enjoyable to ski the front of the mountain"

Eldo Express should be baltimore ravens store completed by November, according to Tregaskis. The removal of the old '70s era lifts is mostly finished; the lifts have been sent off for metal recycling. New equipment is being trucked in every day: auxiliary motors, bull wheels, cross arms have been trickling in over the past month, and some towers arrived last Friday.

Footings are being worked on now. Over the next few weeks, helicopters will be brought in to haul concrete to the mountainside, then move and set the roughly 40 feet tall towers in place what Tregaskis calls "the fun stuff."

The Utah native took on the job of Eldora general manager two seasons ago, transferring from California's Bear Mountain to get back to the Rocky Mountains and work at a resort with some action. "I wanted to be somewhere I could make a difference," he said.

The past few years have been a flurry of activity for Eldora, which sold to Powdr in June of last year and cut three new runs Wolf Tongue, Alpen Horn and Red Tail months later. Forest Service for years for the right to expand, but for now is focusing on improvements within its boundaries.

"We're having the biggest capital summer ever," Tregaskis said, "with the chairlift and some major electrical upgrades, restroom remodels and food service improvements."

The physical changes are being paired with a branding overhaul. A new logo and slogan will debut in a few weeks in a marketing push. Tregaskis was mum on details, but said the new look and message will highlight the convenience of Eldora and its now modern amenities. 3, 2017

Sam 25 Nov - 10:25 (2017)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Sam 25 Nov - 10:25 (2017)
Répondre au sujet    ImpaKt Index du Forum » ImpaKt » Blablatage Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Portail | Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation